In these uncertain times of the COVID 19 novel
coronavirus, community is more meaningful than ever. SIS CEO Alex Deak shares
about the SIS Partner Platform community partners: from tech to industry organizations
to regional groups, we’re committed to connecting for collaboration,
innovation, and support.
As an eventful 2019 comes to a close, we at SIS are pleased to see our mission and values reflected so well in the past year. We’re thankful for the Partner Platform community of agencies and their continued support and feedback that makes us who we are: community-focused partner challenging the status quo.
Agency and insurance management system data security has always been a top priority for us at SIS. We built our Partner Platform agency management system suite with data safety and cybersecurity in mind, and it continues to be a topic we follow.
This past May, agency data security was one of our key topics at our annual Partner National User Conference, where we heard from industry expert Brad Ruben on how to prevent and prepare for security attacks.
One of the reasons we asked Brad to speak is we know security takes teamwork. Though we are confident we’re providing the most secure system to our partner agencies, they are still at risk if they’re not equipping their staff to watch for cyber-attacks.
This summer, we encourage you to take the time to look at your data security measures and re-commit as a staff to protect your customers. Here’s a little advice to get you started.
Get a full re-cap on our National User Conference from SIS President Michael Doran here
Advice from Experts: Equip and Educate
Archway Computer CEO Brad Ruben’s presentation at our National User Conference had quite an impact on attendees. Multiple agency representatives walked away with practical, actionable advice on how they could better manage and protect their data. Highlights from his presentation included:
- There is cause for concern. Over 33,000 phishing attacks and 4,000 successful ransomware attacks occur each day.
- Anti-virus protection is a must. Programs like Webroot and Malware Bytes are essential to keeping you safe.
- Cloud services are the future of security. Data hosting services like Amazon Web Services have 24/7 data surveillance, redundant backups, and multi-character encryption to keep your data safer than you can on your own.
Find out why you should be moving your agency data to the cloud
The most significant takeaway was the emphasis on educating staff on data security. Some of Brad’s tips included:
- Delete suspicious emails. Never click on links from unfamiliar senders. Delete emails from unknown sources and report them to your IT team.
- Password protect sensitive files. When moving files to a USB, sending through email, or saving on a laptop, add password protection to keep them safe.
- Use complex passwords. Employ number, letter, and punctuation combinations, including using different cases for letters. And be sure to use multiple passwords, so you don’t have just one tied to all accounts.
- Don’t install programs you don’t know. Even something as harmless looking as a computer game or unknown anti-virus software can be hiding as malicious programs. Ensure staff consult with IT before installing anything.
SIS Partner Platform agencies can access the full presentation on PartnerNet
Read more ways to minimize agency data security risks
Mandates from States: Staying Up to Standards
Though you should be keeping your agency data safe no matter what, some agencies are legally obligated to do so by their state. States like New York, Ohio, and South Carolina have individual regulations agencies should know.
We keep our standards in line with the strictest state regulations, ensuring Partner Platform is up to standard throughout the U.S. Some of the measures we use include:
- Restricted admin access limiting only a few select persons to accessing data.
- Multi-factor authentication and complex passwords to access restricted data.
- End-to-end data encryption to ensure information is continually protected.
- Safe and swift disposal of nonpublic information the moment it’s no longer needed.
- Redundant back-ups and disaster recovery plan to safeguard against power outages or security breaches.
Discover more on our commitment to data security here
Get the Right Data Security Partner in SIS
We make a commitment to our partner agencies to uphold the highest security standards, ensuring they can trust us with their data. We’re partners in security with our clients, working with and for them to create and support sustainable, secure infrastructure.
Hear what our clients have to say about their experience with Partner Platform and SIS on our Client Stories page.
Want to find out more? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.747.7005, Option 6.
It’s getting colder, things are moving slower, and the out of office responses are growing in number – it’s the end of the calendar year. This is a time for holiday celebrations, gathering with friends and family to look back at the year passed and make resolutions for the one to come.
December is also the ideal time for your agency to slow down, take stock, and establish your own resolutions for growth. Break out agency management system reports and ask yourself: “Where have we been? Where should we go? And how do we get there?”
See the Top Agency Reports to Gauge Sales Success on our blog
Running a successful business requires a great team. And not just the people on the payroll. All members of your community – employees, business partners, service providers, and other connections – impact your efforts in some way. Choosing the right community members has a huge impact on your business.
Your agency management system provider is a part of that community. At SIS we take this role seriously – we’re not just providing our partner agencies with a product, we’re creating an experience. And that experience is partnership.
Learn more about who we are at SIS and what partnership means to us