Community, learning, and innovation are core
principles for the Partner Platform team. 2020 has provided many challenges and
opportunities for our team to exhibit these principles. We’ve worked together
to face the obstacles of social distancing and system interruptions, and innovated
with more virtual learning events,
enhanced webinars, and online learning to keep our community connected and
Industries worldwide have a lot to learn from the
unprecedented global pandemic that first hit the U.S. in early Spring 2020. The
virus’s impact will be widespread, and the insurance industry has been hit just
as hard as any other market.
Below are a few findings that speak to what we
know about the state of the digital insurance market almost six months into the
pandemic hitting U.S. shores.
See how SIS and the Partner Platform community responded
to the pandemic
The Global Pandemic’s Effects on the Insurance Industry
Since the U.S. shut-down in mid-March, the COVID-19
pandemic affected the insurance industry in the following ways:
Find out how to get
your agency back up to speed when facing a sales slump
What do These Effects Mean for Your Agency?
Business owners know gathering information is only
the first step. Once you see the problem, what do you do about it? We suggest
insurance agencies consider the following.
- Get on the cloud. A rise in work from home means you need secure, anywhere access to your agency systems. When your data and systems are on the cloud, employees can access them wherever there is an internet connection.
- Provide mobile access. Both employees and clients need mobile access to your management system and agency website. State regulations are changing daily, and you must keep clients and employees alike informed. Mobile access means they can get the daily information they need instantly.
- Diversify your markets. If you haven’t yet, it’s time to widen your service sphere. One thing the pandemic taught us is life is unpredictable. You need to have multiple market sectors to keep a steady income flow. Agencies servicing primarily travel or other hard-hit industries are feeling the pain. Don’t let your agency experience the same.
- Leverage Artificial Intelligence. With more questions coming in due to the uncertainty of the pandemic’s impact, you’ll need more help prioritizing and addressing them. A.I. can provide answers to commonly asked questions, quickly decide who in your office should take a call, and provide an immediate response so the client or prospect feels heard.
- Invest in paperless processing. When agencies moved to work at home, printing, and mailing, or even scanning and faxing, forms became near impossible. Those that invested in paperless were set-up to continue business as usual.
- Bulk up cybersecurity. As more employees access systems at home, you need to increase your cybersecurity protection. Redundant back-ups, multi-character encrypted passwords, and regular staff training are all essential factors to keep your agency safe.
from our cybersecurity partners on how to securely work from home and
protect your agency
Be Ready with the Right Partner
The Partner Platform team has worked to prep client
agencies and partners for the unexpected since the beginning. We strive to
equip Partner agencies with the best tools and systems to stay ready for any
change and provide
the community and service
they need to weather any storm.
Do you have the right partner to ready your agency?
Find out how we can be that partner. Read
what our Partner agencies have to say and get more details at sispartnerplatform.com.
Our Partner Platform agencies, like so many others across
the world, have been forced to embrace agency-wide remote work, sometimes with
days’ or hours’ notice. As we adjust to this surprise shift, we turned to our
trusted partners for help. See below for two guest webinars from Strategic
Insurance Software partners Brad
Reuben of Archway Computer and Mary Belka of Eisenhart Consulting.
It’s hard to believe a new decade is here, and it’s a
special one for us here at Partner Platform. We recently celebrated our 10th
anniversary and are looking forward to the decade to come. As an agency-focused
provider, we’re dedicated to giving our Partner Platform agencies the support
Get a re-cap of our 2019 User Conference celebrating
our 10th anniversary here
We’ve heard from our agencies and are now focusing on
providing smaller updates more frequently throughout the year to help them stay
up-to-date and on track to provide their customers with the best service and
experience possible. This change in update schedule will:
- Make it easier for agencies to digest new
features and get staff up-to-speed
- Provide targeted webinars, spending more time on
- Allow for longer quality testing periods on each
- Produce more enhancements throughout the year
Discover all of
Partner Platform’s capabilities here
What’s to Come for Partner Platform in 2020
Our big deal for the new year is the Agency
App release. This much-anticipated feature will go live in the first
quarter of 2020, adding to our already robust personalized digital offerings.
The Agency App brings Partner Platform agencies to the forefront in the industry,
propelling them to compete one-on-one with direct writers.
Combined with our Marketing
Automation Manager, Producer
Results Manager CRM, Client
Portal, and integrated
texting, the Agency App is part of a suite of products that no other
management system provider in the market offers today.
Also in 2020, our team is focusing on three main areas:
Commercial Lines Policy details, Reporting and Analytics, and New System
Integrations. Some of our future updates include:
- Rolling out support for eDocs and messages
- Report Scheduling
- Integrating VoIP
- Adding download for Commercial Inland Marine
- Providing Premium Finance Integrations
- Adding New Comparative Rating Solutions
This is only a taste of what’s to come in the next year! Our
Partner Platform agencies can stay
updated on PartnerNet. Interested in joining the Partner Platform
community? Get in touch
at contact us at 800.747.7005, Option 6, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an eventful 2019 comes to a close, we at SIS are pleased to see our mission and values reflected so well in the past year. We’re thankful for the Partner Platform community of agencies and their continued support and feedback that makes us who we are: community-focused partner challenging the status quo.
Community matters. It can push us, shape us, affirm beliefs, and challenge them to make us better. That’s why we at SIS shaped our Partner Platform agency management tool around community. Whether it’s our community of Partner agencies or our partnership with local insurance groups, we believe in being a part of community whenever possible.