How to Choose the Right Insurance Agency Management System
At SIS we realize that everyone has choices when it comes to deciding which insurance agency management system will best fill their needs. There are online systems and desktop systems. There are Citrix-based systems and Windows-based systems. There are systems that are high on functionality but low on usability and others that may not have all the bells and whistles but accomplish more because the features are easier to use. There are systems that work only up until a point and others that are scalable and allow you to add seats as your agency grows. Not only that, there are big corporate partners who offer a multitude of platforms, small independent vendors that are quickly getting gobbled up by the big ones and those that fall somewhere in between.
Because of all that, when you are in the market for a new insurance agency management system, you need to look at more than just the features a system offers. You need to look at workflows (how it will enhance your agency productivity); you need to look at service; and you need to look at longevity.
To assist you we’ve put together a short list of things to consider when evaluating systems – either the one you are currently using or one you are considering purchasing.
- Are you able to use your agency management system to track key data, log conversations and emails, share knowledge and execute sales and marketing strategies?
- Does it save redundant entering by integrating directly with Outlook?
- Is it Windows based?
- Is it flexible enough that you can work at home or on the road?
- Can you access it on your smart phone?
- Is it simple enough that you can get a new employee up to speed within a day or two?
- Can you define, track and manage agency activities from a global level?
- Do you have one centralized calendar that everyone can easily access?
- Are system workflows logical and intuitive?
- Is finding information a minimal click process?
- Can you easily integrate that information into targeted marketing activities?
- Do you have one central “paperless” place to store all documents, policy and contact information for easy retrieval?
- Are E & O records logged automatically?
- Can you do direct bill commission downloads?
- Can you transfer client and policy information to and from carriers in real-time directly through your agency management system?
- Can you do all of your accounting and billing directly through your system?
- Do you have the means to move to a more sustainable and efficient paperless work environment?
- Is system down-time negligible?
- Can you get system-related questions answered quickly and graciously?
- Is your system scalable enough to grow with your agency?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, Partner XE from SIS – an online hosted, feature rich, affordable, easy to use, scalable agency management system designed to streamline workflow and increase productivity for independent insurance agencies of all sizes – might be the answer you are looking for. We offer all of the above and much more.