In our last post, we explored some of the more traditional means of lead generation within the insurance industry. Although these traditional methods are impactful, in order to diversify your efforts, your independent insurance agency should also employ newer, digital means to gain new clients. As with your marketing, it’s important to use a variety of strategies in order to cast a wider net to expand your agency’s client base.
There are numerous digital methods used to attract new clients, and we’ll take a look at three of the most effective and efficient.
- Similar to direct mail, but a digital version
- Easy for clients and prospects to share with you and with others via a simple “reply” or “forward”
- Keep content focused and relevant so people keep reading
- Pay attention to subject lines, writing so your message to keep it out of spam folders
- Include a way to request quotes or gain more information
- Know when and how often to send
Organic/Paid Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Both paid and organic use keywords on your website to move up your search engine ranking
- This method catches prospects you may not be able to identify on your own
- Hire someone to identify your best keywords – it pays to invest in this expertise
- Use a combination of organic and paid
- Use paid for highly competitive keywords like “auto insurance quote”
- Use organic for more specific keywords like “discount bundle insurance Cincinnati”
- Know the right balance of keywords as overuse can make you look like a spammer
- Social media and blog posts will give a point of entry to your lead generation funnel (social/blog post > website > requesting more info)
- Both can be easily shared, passing along your agency’s name
- Build a blog with relevant, educational content to attract interested persons
- Publicize blog posts on social media to get the word out
- Have your employees share blog and social posts to further increase your reach
- Train individuals in your agency: blogging and social media are easy to pick up and maintain with some guidance
With each of these digital strategies, the goal is to get potential clients to your well-designed website. Once there, you’ll be able to direct prospects to places to request more info or get in contact with an agent.
You should be tracking prospects through you agency management system. Our recently updated Partner XE has improved search and reporting tools, providing a leg up in prospect tracking. To find out about Partner XE’s other updates and capabilities, contact us!