A marketer’s goal is to find a reason to connect – a reason for the audience to care, to engage, to take any action. Otherwise, the message will be ignored, and time, effort, and money spent will be wasted.
Yet, too often insurance agency marketing takes a “spray and pray” marketing effort, putting out messaging everywhere and anywhere hoping it sticks. With so much noise and no reason to engage, results are – to put it nicely – underwhelming.
Get targeted with your insurance marketing using these content marketing tips
Great marketers are masters of “why”
By asking “why”, successful marketers are able to target messaging to different audiences for almost guaranteed results.
A great source of “why” for your client-focused marketing efforts is within your agency management system. There is a wealth of context to be leveraged, divulging relevant and meaningful information.
You can use your management system to properly segment your audience. Once you know your different demographics, you can use that information to your advantage. The underlying principle can be used in a variety of situations from very targeted messages delivered via email or text message to broader social media efforts.
Do you have an agency marketing strategy? Get started on one here
Great marketers use data to their advantage
Your management system is chock full of relevant data. Here are just a few examples of what your system holds and how you can use it to your advantage:
Promoting coverage to relevant clients
- Commercial clients may be under-insured relative to cyber, D&O, and EPLI. Identify where you’re reaching commercial clients and begin promoting these coverage areas in your messaging.
- Personal clients may be missing a critical piece of coverage (i.e. auto, no home or auto and home, no umbrella). See where you’re gaining personal clients in each coverage area and start cross-promoting missing elements.
Choosing relevant methods and content
- Different age groups respond better to different mediums. Classify the different demographics you’re hitting and see how you reached each, adapting your methods based on your findings.
- Topics of interest vary depending on age and life stages as well. See what messaging brought in different segments and hone in on what’s working.
Check out these 4 Principles to Gain Prospects in any demographic
Great marketers utilize tools
Too often valuable data from your agency management system goes to waste due to disparate systems. At SIS, we heard this all too often from our Partner XE agencies. These conversations led us to work with agencies to design and create Partner XL, the newest product in the integrated Partner Platform.
With the addition of Partner XL, our robust Partner XE management system is integrated with marketing automation and opportunity tracking tools for an all-in-one sales and service Partner Platform. Features of the Partner Platform include:
- Client on-boarding: Easily set-up a program to on-board new clients with an introduction from an account manager, follow-up with a choice to opt-in to receive text and email alerts, and finish with a text reminder when policies are up for renewal.
Find out more on how Partner XE can help you write more business for your agency
- Coverage-specific messaging: Create lists based on coverages and send targeted messaging from the same system, No duplicate data entry required.
- Multi-mode follow-up and reminder: Communicate with your clients and prospects in the way that’s easiest for them. Use multiple modes including letters, emails, text messaging, and set up a prompt within Partner Platform to remind your team when to make a connection.
This is just the tip of the iceberg to marketing greatness. Want to get your management system and marketing in sync? Contact an SIS team member today to find out more about Partner XE and the Partner Platform. Get in touch at 800.747.7005, Option 6 or firstname.lastname@example.org.