As with all industries, the world of insurance marketing strategies is evolving constantly – and it can be difficult to keep pace. How are you to know what’s worth your time and what’s a passing phase? This second post in our series on Marketing Stats You Need to Know will give you answers around two marketing strategies: social media and video.
Staying Strategy #1: Social Media Marketing
In case you’ve been living under a rock, here’s some news: social media is here to stay. But, there’s questions about which are the best platforms to use. These stats give you the real story.
See part one of Marketing Stats You Need to know here
- According to InsuranceNewsNet, insurance social media budgets are set to rise by approximately $80 million this year, capping at $381 million total going to social media marketing1
- In the U.S., 70% of individuals say they use social media to connect with others, and gain and share information, according to Pew2
- The same study shows more than 1/3rd of Baby Boomers (65 and older) were active on social this year2
- Between 2005 and 2011, social use increased by more than 60% overall2
Read up on another great insurance marketing strategy: content marketing for your agency
- More than 2/3rds of Americans are on Facebook, followed by Instagram at 35%, LinkedIn at 25%, and Twitter not far away at 24%2
- Of those Facebook users, 74% say they use the platform daily2
Staying Strategy #2: Video
Once you’re on a social platform, what do you put there? Judging by these statistics, video should be on your list.
- Animoto showed 4 out of 5 consumers say video is an important factor in their decision-making process when deciding on a product or service3
- A CISCO white paper showed 80% of internet traffic will go to videos by 20203
- According to TechCrunch, over 8 billion videos are viewed on Facebook each day3
- Video sharing service Snapchat trumps Facebook with a whopping 10 billion views per day, according to Bloomberg3
Get more marketing strategies with insurance marketing you can actually do
- Newsletters with video links are 50% more likely to be read than those without3
- People really are watching – HubSpot data shows 55% of viewers watch a video all the way through (more than any other type of online content!)3
Staying Strategy #3: Marketing Automation
Once you’ve put these marketing methods in place, you need to keep track of how they’re performing. Marketing automation systems not only track engagement, they also help you keep up with prospects and clients.
That’s why we created our Partner XL: a powerful CRM and marketing automation system. Partner XL syncs seamlessly with our all-in-one Partner XE agency management system to create a fully integrated Partner Platform.
What makes the Partner Platform even better is it came right from our Partner XE clients. Find out more about this newest addition and why our clients asked for it by name. Contact us at email@example.com or call 800.747.7005, Option 6 today.