After closing in response to the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, many businesses are now preparing their operations for re-opening. There are some top agency management system tools and transition tips that can apply to any change your agency experiences, including one you’ve never tackled before.
Transition is uncomfortable. It’s unknown and can feel uncertain, intimidating, and a bit scary. But change doesn’t have to feel this way. Whether you’re moving from an old system to a new one, or experiencing a smaller or larger transition, there are a few top agency management system tools and tips that can get you through.
Your Transition Checklist
Start with a focus on “first things first.” This checklist can help you through any change your agency is experiencing.
- Gather your team. Unity and communication are critical when it comes to transition. Start by gathering a small team to create a transition plan, then have each team member roll it out to their group. Though you want to have input from different areas of your agency (IT, customer service, sales, etc.), be careful not to have too many voices – the more people you have, the more difficult it is to come to a consensus. Walk the line between including all the viewpoints you need to consider and keeping it tight enough to come up with a plan.
- Evaluate systems. Part of your planning should include looking at your day to day processes. Go over what each department and team member is doing on a daily basis and see if your processes are operating safely and effectively. Chances are you’ll need to make some changes, so be ready to come up with solutions that you can explain clearly to your wider team.
- Create a timeline. As you update systems and processes, have a clear picture of what is happening and when. Err on the side of doing less to ensure you can keep as close to your timeline as possible. Add in spaces to re-evaluate your roll-out and pivot as needed. Change is predictable in one way: it’s always unpredictable. Be ready by leaving room to update the plan.
- Communicate change. The more specific information you can tell your team, the better. That’s why it’s important to determine timelines and change rationale early so you can communicate it clearly to your staff. Be ready for pushback – no matter how concise and strong your transition plan may be, there will always be someone who disagrees. Focus on listening and fostering unity to move ahead.
- Prepare your team. Get your team the resources they need to be ready to execute transition. That may mean providing certain technology, training, or other support to keep your staff equipped. Build in a communication loop so team members can voice their needs and concerns to ensure they have what’s necessity to get their job done.
Stay prepared for the unexpected – check out our blog on Insurance Tools and Tips for Disaster Contingency
Top Agency Management System Tools to Aid in Transition
The better the tools, the easier your transition. These agency management system tools can help you work faster and safer, and accelerate communication to ease transition.
- Cloud-based systems for anywhere access
- Integrated accounting, email, and texting to streamline processes
- Client portal to communicate directly with customers
- Integrated proposal creator to improve onboarding
- Secure infrastructure to protect data
Discover more essential management system tools to help you overcome common agency challenges
Finding a Partner to Help You Through Transition
When your agency is hit with change, you want to be standing on solid footing. At SIS, we’re proud to be that port in the storm for our agencies when they come up against the unexpected. We have the tools, training, and support our Partner Platform agencies need to move them through any transition, no matter the circumstances.
Hear more from our Partner agencies on how we’ve worked together through transitions and been constant agents for positive change in the industry. And, we invite you to find out how we can be a partner for you – get in touch at email@example.com or 800.747.7005, Option 6 to find out more.