Every agency has a management system, but not every system is utilized to its fullest. Many agencies set up their management system, plug in customer and policy data, and don’t use it for much else. Yet, so much more can be done when a system has the right ingredients for success.
Our most recent eGuide addresses these needs, and outlines how to apply each feature to fully maximize your agency’s processes. These ingredients include:
- Paperless workflow
- Automated data input and output
- Security in the cloud
- Customer service that goes above and beyond
If even one of these ingredients is off, or you don’t know how to use it, you run the risk of operating your agency at less than full capacity. Check out the eGuide, Recipe for Getting the Most Out of Your Agency Management System, and see how your management system and agency operations measure up.
Looking for more ways to make your agency more efficient? Check out our other eGuides, focusing on utilizing cloud apps to maximize efficiency, tips on increasing agency productivity, best practices for E & O management, and more. Have an idea for a guide you’d like us to explore? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the conversation started.
As an independent insurance agency owner, your number one priority is your relationship with your clients. Clients trust you to provide them with the best service, and to keep them safe. This means ensuring their personal data is protected – a task that is not easy these days. With large scale cyber hacks dominating the news, your clients may be asking what you’re doing to keep their information safe.
Our latest eGuide addresses these issues of data security. In this guide we look at:
- Common cyber threats
- Tools and tactics for protection
- How to talk to your clients about cyber threats
- Utilizing cloud storage for increased security
Download the eGuide here, and check out some of our recent posts on cyber security. We at SIS are committed to data security, and utilize top-notch cloud security to ensure safety.
To find out more about how our Partner XE keeps your agency information protected, contact us at email@example.com.
Cyber security is on the rise as the holiday shopping season and its vulnerability to cyber-attacks approaches. As an independent insurance agency owner, it’s your job to think about the data you protect. Client and employee data needs to stay safe from cyber-criminals, who are continually coming up with new ways to hack systems.
Enter your agency management system – one of your greatest cyber security tools. Your system houses all the data you need to protect, making it the front line in your cyber security. Ensure your management system provider offers all you need to keep such information out of the hands of criminals.
Cloud storage is essential for data security. Your management system should be backed up by a third-party provider focused on security. Redundant backups and disaster recovery should be standard. Such providers have round the clock physical security, firewall data protection, and encrypted access. There is no safer place for your agency’s data to reside.
FREQUENT SECURITY MAINTAINANCE
Both your management systems and its cloud provider should routinely update security. As we’ve explored in past posts, cyber-criminals are coming up with new ways to break in to systems each day. Frequent updates mean your agency is one step ahead of the criminals in keeping your data safe. Such updates should happen quickly and easily, with the bulk handled by your provider.
QUICK RESPONSE TO ISSUES
You should feel like the number one priority to your management system provider. This means regular communication and quick responses to any issues. Your agency should have access to an individualized support team focused on your agency’s specific needs. In addition, your provider should have a contingency plan in place for unexpected disaster. They should be able to provide you with information on how to access your data and a timeline for recovery.
Ultimately, it is important to talk to your agency management system provider about what they’re doing to keep your data secure. Security is a top priority at SIS, as evidenced in our status as a CompTIA Security Trustmark+ company. Find out more about how we look out for our clients by visiting our client services page, or contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As our lasts posts explored, cyber-attacks and data breaches have become all but commonplace, and your agency needs to step up security in order to protect your data. However, with so much on your plate already it may seem impossible to ensure your data stays protected. Doing your research and keeping informed on threats helps, but it can only do so much. It’s important to ensure all data coming through your agency is secure.
The best place to keep your data safe today is in the cloud. Cloud storage is convenient, and it offers top notch security to keep your most important information safe. Here are just a few reasons why the cloud is your best option for data protection:
- Encryption is standard. Multi-character, complex passwords secure your data. It would take forensic software and hours of work to crack just one of these passwords.
- Access is limited. Many hackers gain entry to data through web searches or downloads, but such actions do not occur in the cloud. Data comes in and out only through closely monitored access points.
- Location is secure. Cloud providers work hard to ensure their facilities are located in areas safe from natural disasters such as hurricanes, floods, and wildfires.
- Updates are automatic. Good cloud providers are automatically updating your information so you don’t have to worry about whether or not your latest data is protected.
- Vigilance is constant. No matter how much you think about and focus on security, your cloud provider is always doing more. By updating defenses as vulnerabilities are discovered and constantly monitoring the safety of your data, your cloud provider is ensuring you have the best quality protection.
By placing your data in the safe hands out the cloud, you can rest assured you’ve done your best to stay protected. SIS knows the power of cloud security, which is why we utilize the best cloud security for all our Partner XE users.
Find out more about our cloud storage here or contact us at 800.747.9273 to find out more about how SIS focuses on data security and safety.
As an agency owner, you are aware of the importance of building and sustaining relationships with staff, clients, and partners. Communication is a crucial part of these relationships, especially as a means to keep them safe.
With the recent rise in cyber attacks and cyber threats, continual communication about such vulnerabilities is critical. However, your clients and employees need to be protected in different ways. Below are tips to keep both groups alert and safe.
- Educate clients on possible threats via blog posts and newsletters, providing information on types of attacks, how to spot them, and how to stay protected
- Inform about the ways your agency is keeping their personal data secure, such as cloud security and encrypted messaging
- Update your client base immediately in the event of a security breach, being honest about what happened (and didn’t!) and your next steps
- Connect with individuals who see a problem or suspect a threat, providing clients with access to your agents via online chats, emails, social media, etc. to make your agency accessible and build trust
- Create and update an agency wide security plan, that includes enforcing strong passwords and safe surfing habits
- Encourage transparency about data breaches and security issues, and impress upon employees the importance of sharing information in order to prevent further damage
- Train employees on how to spot common threats and what to do to prevent them
- Equip staff with the tools to keep data protected, such as anti-virus and data encryption software
By providing such information to clients and staff alike, you will further solidify trust, making your relationship even stronger.
We at SIS know and value such relationships with our clients, which is why we produce posts such as this to keep them informed and updated on how to make their agencies safe, efficient, and effective. Get in conversation with us today! Contact us at email@example.com.
It has been quoted that nearly every two seconds a new malicious URL is created for use in a cyber attack. These URLs quickly and quietly embed a small Trojan virus code in your computer, putting everything stored in your device at risk. This staggering fact impacts anyone using the internet, and is especially scary to those with a small business such as your independent insurance agency.
You and your agency are responsible for protecting your customer’s information, and a cyber attack would easily compromise that data. In our last post, we looked at some of the latest trends in cyber threats. In this post, we will look over how your agency can be proactive in protecting your data from such online attacks.
Train your employees
Be upfront about the threats facing your agency’s data and lay out regulations to protect it. Enforce strong passwords and control application downloads. Be strict about access to sensitive data, limiting it to a few key staff.
Protect your emails
Encrypt, encrypt, encrypt! All emails (especially attachments) sent from your agency should be encrypted and password protected to stay safe. Screen emails closely and be careful about opening any that seem fishy.
Have a plan
Your agency should include cyber attacks as part of your contingency plan. This means documenting where data is stored, how to access it in the event of an attack, and how to recover your systems.
Back up and protect
Ensure all of your data is stored and backed-up in an off site server via the cloud. The best cloud services offer redundant back-ups, so your data is doubly protected, and are constantly monitoring for threats.
SIS Knows the Power of the Cloud
We at SIS know and utilize the power of the cloud, and take pride in making sure your agency’s data stays protected. Our cloud services boast around the clock physical security, internet and server firewall data protection, automatic security updates and malware and anti-virus protection to ensure your agency is protected.
Find out more about what SIS’s cloud services has to offer, and talk with one of our amazing client services team members today at 800.747.7005.